Social Media is one of the most powerful tools in the marketing sector today. It has created a platform and foundation that will allow all types of companies to share their creative work and get recognized globally. Therefore, we have compiled 10 reasons to help you understand how social media can effectively grow your business and get you new customers.
1. Brand Awareness – When you post on Facebook about the brand, almost anyone in the world can view it and engage with your post. This opens the gateway to so many opportunities and prospective customers.
2. Increase in Sales – This is the most sought-after consequence for business owners after they make their brand presence known on social media. New prospective customers in and around the local area get to know about your brand and will choose to try out your brand. If it is e-commerce, then you will have a lot of requests for shipping from abroad or local areas. It will depend on your brand category or your industry. However, it will surely contribute to more sales.
3. Better Understanding of the marketplace – Once your brand gets recognized on social media, you will start to understand the marketplace better. You will get more awareness about your competitors, the current trends as well as the general overview of the demand and supply of the products/services. This will assist you in refining your product/service and empower you to sell better and create an overall pleasant experience.
4. New ideas – By interacting with customers online and getting valuable insights from data, you will be able to get new ideas for your current product/service or maybe even about a whole new different product. Ideas come from a variety of new experiences and that’s exactly what the social media promises.
5. Accountability – Social media gives you accurate data and if you are running ads, then you will be able to track more closely. By using this data, you can fine-tune your marketing strategies as well as proactively make changes to your customer support and service.
6. Customer Satisfaction – Companies have been able to respond to customer’s query better on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Social media allows for instant replies and decreases the response time between the customer and company. This will save time for both the company and the customer plus actions can easily be taken and this results in a good system for customer support which indeed adds to customer satisfaction.
7. Cost effective – You can create a twitter or a Facebook account for free and a Facebook business page is also zero cost. This will help you to create valuable and high-quality content which you can share with your followers. Just a tip: People always appreciate good content, so deliver the same and you will get good reach in no time.
8. Monitor and Control – It is easy and effortless to control and maintain your social media account. In this way, you can always monitor, edit, repost and engage without much apprehension because you are always in control of your account. In addition to this, social media is accessible and portable. You can take care of your brand’s social media account from any corner of the world.
9. Opportunities – Your brand’s enhanced social presence is surely going to attract new opportunities for you. It may appear in any form- as business opportunities or a lot of new customer opportunities. Example: You are a caterer. A customer in the local area looks up on Facebook for ‘caterers’. Your brand name pops up with several 5-star reviews and tons of Facebook page likes. The prospective customer will take a look at the page and contact you for further details. This can happen in many ways for various types of industries.
10. Launch products/services – After creating a solid follower base, you can get to launch products/services directly on social media networks (live or not). This will create a ripple of engagement with your present customers, attract new customers and help your brand gain a lot of attention. Also, this will direct a lot of traffic towards your website and in the end, result in more sales.
These are some of the crucial reasons as to why social media will make your business more prosperous and better.
Thanks for reading.